Oh summer! I haven’t missed you for years, seeing as I’m a fall/winter homebody. However, this year, with a toddling little boy who’s really starting to discover the world around him the summer is glorious once again and I can’t wait to take advantage of all it has to offer.
Here’s a sampling of our family (and mainly kiddo related) plans for the summer:
- Trips to the pool + Swim lessons (starting on Tuesday!)
- Backyard cook out with family
- Summer Reading Program for Adults and Kids!
- Family Hikes at the Coralville Reservoir or The Palisades State Park
- Fireworks for the 4th
- Visit the Children’s Museum
- Clothesline Tent
- Run thru the Sprinklers
- Try a “toddler” craft project – perhaps chalk paint
- Homemade Popsicles
- Play in the Rain
- Make a Painting w/ kiddo
- Feed the Ducks at the pond
- Make a Sensory Tub
- Play with a big cardboard box
- Ice Cream Place Dates
Check out my Pinterest Board “Summer Bucket List” for the inspiration of our Summer B.List and more!