Totally taking a page from Sarah’s book and wrapping up the month of February with a post. I spent most of this month sick or recovering so it’s a light month in general, but I thought I’d share a few favorites.
I really enjoyed this read – it was a delightful combination of Alice in Wonderland with a dash of Neil Gaiman and a smidgen of Terry Pratchet’s wit. While there were a few times it felt a little forced, it was still a charming book and I look forward to reading more of September’s adventures in the future.
I’m also working thru Book Two of the Kristen Lavransdatter Triology and enjoying book 2 much more than book 1. I must give the author credit as I think the dislike for Kristen and Erlend I ended book 1 with was intentional and has made Kristen transformation from a silly young girl to a morally aware young woman that much more powerful.
In addition I’m also working through Wendall Berry’s Bringing It To The Table. Berry always takes me a little while, because I like to take my time with his essays and they’re always worth the time to read.
- Trying to really, prayerfully discern the next step in growing our family
- Getting back on the budget train
- How to educate my children
- Knowing that I have some really great friends who aren’t afraid to share their rough times to let me know I’m not alone.
- Still very much ready for more sun and warm weather!