Today I wanted to share a few of the other items that I keep on hand, but first I wanted to share a little more about why I like keeping a well stocked pantry.
I Keep A Well Stocked Pantry Because:
- It gives me flexibility in my meal choices. If I don’t get around to meal planning for the week or life throws a curve, I have plenty of options without needing to immediately run out to get pizza.
- It gives me reason to cook more from scratch. I can find a new recipe and try it out without needing a separate grocery trip.
- It gives me the opportunity to be generous. If a friend or family member gets thrown a curve I have the materials at hand to provide. If the neighborhood kids come around collecting for the food pantry I have no reason not be generous.
- It gives me the ability to be prepared. I live in an area where weather can be tricky and little bit scary. If I loose power, or am housebound for a day or two we don’t have to worry about getting to the store. And if you’ve ever seen a Midwestern Approaching Blizzard rush at a grocery store you too would do what you could to avoid it.
- It gives me flexibility in my budget. When times are a little easier I can stock up and if things get tight it will be a little while before the belt tightening would affect the size of our meals.
- Flour – White and Wheat
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Olive Oil
- Oatmeal – I like Quick Oats and Steel Cut
- Tomato Sauce
- Tuna and Canned Chicken
- Maple Syrup
- Vinegar – White, Apple Cider, Balsamic, Red and White Wine
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Pasta – Shells, Lasagna, Spaghetti, Macaroni Elbows
- Favorite Spices – Oregano, Garlic, Onion, Cumin, Cinnamon, etc.
- Dried Fruits – Cranberries, raisins, blueberries etc.
Shared @ Little House in the Suburbs and Frugally Sustainable