This weekend we’ll be observing our second Michaelmas, or the Feast of Sts. Michael, Raphael, and Gabriel the Archangels. Even though it is a new tradition for us I have been looking forward to this for a long time. While I find myself wishing more people around us celebrated these Holy Days it’s nice to have a holiday just to our selves. If you want a glimpse into what our Michaelmas looked like last year hop back here.
These are a few of the traditions we’ll be repeating this year:
- We’ll be making a small feast of roast chicken, carrots, and other fall foods. I have the weekend off this year so I’ll be trying to cook my first whole chicken this year.
- We’ll be making our cinnamon cream cheese blackberry deserts that were such a hit last year.
- I’m really tempted to make Jamie’s Apple Cake too because we’re swimming in apples!
- Since there aren’t a lot of books about Michael the Archangel we make do with books about knights and dragons.
- Sarah O. has a great selection of Dragon Themed books HERE!
- Weather permitting we’ll be lighting our first fire of the season.
- St. Michael’s Prayer
- St. Gabriel’s Prayer
- St. Raphael’s Prayer
- We have a few new friends to help us learn about Michaelmas this year – but you’ll have to come back on Monday to see what they are!
With Henry being a little older I think we’ll try our hand a few more projects:
- There are these coloring pages of St. Michael, St. Raphael and St. Gabriel free to print out!
- We could try making these fire breathing dragons
Are you celebrating Michaelmas? Perhaps this will be your first year? I’ll be back on Monday to show you a few pictures from our celebration and I’d love to hear about your festivities too!