Hey friends! I’m still doing the book selling thing on the side and wanted to take one post to share some of my favorite boredom busters.
Growing up summer and books went together like peanut butter and jelly (or bananas or pickles, whatever your taste may be). I love doing my summer readings programs at the library and spending long afternoons with coloring and activity books. I wanted to share some of my favorites that Usborne Books & More are selling right now.
1. Activity Cards – perfect for quizzing on long card trips or just flipping through on hot summer days. My personal favorite right now has to be “100 Things to Spot in the Night Sky”
“Discover the treasures of the night sky and learn to recognize its sparkling constellations with these fact-filled cards. See the constellations, find out where and when to spot them, and how they got their names. Find fascinating information about planets, meteors and other starry sights.”
2. Coloring Books – Who doesn’t love a good coloring book? I love them as an adult. This Collected Volume (read: more bang for your buck!) is perfect for the little kids in your life, but don’t worry we’ve have coloring books perfect for all ages.
“Little children will enjoy bringing each picture to life in this delightful book. There are fun things to color, stickers to add, and a yellow duck to spot on every page.”
3. Art and Craft Books – Perfect for long car trips, books like our Big Doodling Book can offer hours of entertainment.
This fun and stylish book is full of exciting things to doodle. Add beaks and hats to penguins, dials and lights to robots, patterns and tongues to snakes, and lot’s lot’s more.
4. Things to Spot – Anyone else spend hours with “Where’s Waldo?” as a kid, these remind me of those fun books. I’m a fan of this Collected Volume that comes with 4 of our “Things to Spot” books in one.
Crammed with thousands of things to find, count and talk about, this bright and busy picture book provides hours of puzzle-solving fun, and also helps develop pre-reading and number skills. There are rainforest animals to search for, a bustling market town to explore, a castle feast to enjoy, and much, much more. This volume includes 1001 Animals to Spot, 1001 Things to Spot on the Farm, 1001 Things to Spot in the Town, & 1001 Things to Spot Long Ago.
5. Encyclopedias – I know some of you are rolling your eyes, but summers are the perfect time to endulge your interests without teachers or homework. If you want to spend hours reading about Ancient Rome or the Vikings you can and a good encyclopedia is a very useful tool.
This newly updated book will introduce you to world history, from prehistoric times to the start of the 21st century. Find out about dinosaurs, the first humans, Ancient Egypt, the Aztec Empire, Medieval Europe, the First World War and many more fascinating subjects. This combined volume includes: Ancient World, Medieval World, Prehistoric World, and The Last 500 Years.
Thanks for reading everyone! And if you’d like to host a Facebook Party during June or July and get DOUBLE FREE books just drop me a line —> http://z3088.myubam.com/Host